Advanced study (50hr): Hands-on Adjustments + optional (50hr) internship
Do you have a 200+ hour Vinyasa Teacher Training under your belt, and do you feel the need to develop yourself further in the craft of Teaching and hands-on adjusting & assisting? We are excited to announce our newest 50 (or 100) hours Advanced Study:
Hands-on Assists/Adjustments Intensive (50 hours) & optional Teacher’s Assistant Internship (50 hours).
Under the guidance of Leah Kline and 5 guest faculty members of the School you will learn the necessary skills and tools to take that next step. The study is a 14 masterclasses comprehensive of Hands-on Assists/Adjustments intensive giving teachers time to digest and practice their skills.
Optional: Become an assistent for five to six month during an internship at the School, mentored by a senior teacher.
During this optional internship you are coupled with one of our senior teachers who will support you practicing skills of observing, assisting, hands-on adjustments and working in the field of study as a yogi. The mentor offers their skills as a karma yoga project and so we evaluate your application to make the right match with those who go on to become an assistant.
Masterclasses of Hands-on Assists/ Adjustments include:
1. Philosophy of assisting, ethics, role of awareness, presence, breath
2. Touch and the ethics, types of touch
3. Types of students. Non verbal communication
4. Alignment basic manual adjustments feet, knees, hips spine standing poses
5. Basic manual adjustments spine shoulder elbows hands
6. How to support beginners (in a basic flow class and mixed level class)
7. Assisting in a flow "choreography of assisting"
8. Seated poses, grounding
9. Finishing poses assists
10. Advanced and strong flow assists (binding, twists, hand balances)
11. Perception of the student "How to read the body and give the most effective assist in that moment
12. Ashtanga philosophy applied to adjustments; observing, bandha’s and breath (twists,shoulder arm holds)
13. Assisting for injuries and using props
* Workshops cannot be skipped if the student wants to apply for the 50 hours Yoga Alliance.
How to apply for the internship (stageplek)
1. Proof of your 200+ hour TT certificate, by sending a scanned copy.
2. A written reference or referal from a recognized yoga teacher to be considered for an internship (only if you did not completed the Johan Noorloos Teacher training, but acquired your 200 hours elsewhere).
3. As short letter of interest: expressing your readiness to embrace the commitment and attitude of a weekly lesson and to the students and community with your service.
The faculty evaluates each application for the internship and contacts you for a possible spot.
All internships will start after the second weekend. The School will pair the new assistant with the appropriate teacher, according to the intern's level and needs.
Faculty: Leah Kline with Anita Smith, Liisa Russman, Marlene Henny, Moena de Jong, Carine Goekoop (English and Dutch)
Dates of the 14 masterclasses (3 weekends)
20, 21, 22 September
*4, 5, 6 Oktober
8, 9, 10 November 2019
Friday: 18:30-21:30 hr
Sat & Sun: 12:00-19:00 hr
*Friday October 4th: 19:00-22:00 hr
Price: € 695,- ex VAT / € 840,95 inc VAT.
* It's possible to pay in instalments. Send an email to email@example.com
As soon as we have received your payment, your place in the training is reserved. Please read our terms of agreement here.
Teacher’s Assistant application can be send to Leah Kline: Yoga4allfirstname.lastname@example.org and CC: email@example.com
Additional questions can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to combine your Advanced studies for a 300 Alliance certificate? CLICK HERE> for more information.
This course is mainly taught in English (most teachers are bilingual).